I recently decided to loss some of my postpartum weight gain. It wasn’t an easy decision for someone like me who loves her food very much. I found out that some of the reasons I was putting on weight was because I was snacking on unhealthy food and eating in the middle of the night. Eating late at night was because I was always hungry due to breastfeeding my baby during the day and at night. I noticed that when I gave birth, I started to crave sugary and fatty food.
I stumbled on some protein bars when we went shopping a few weeks ago. They have really helped me tackle my sugary and unhealthy cravings.
SCI-MX PRO 2GO OAT BAKE!
Cookies and Cream
- It is a protein bar that one can travel easily with, it is easy to reach.
- Its cruchyness stops it from messing up your handbag, your desktop table or even your nice colourful shirt or dress.
- It is thick and creamy, so no left over crumbs.
- It is chocolately for those chocolate lovers.
- The crunchy oat taste reminds me of my breakfast cereal, it is low in sugar, that allows me 3 to 4 bars a week.
- It is good for late night snacking and early morning rush time.
- It comes in 2 flavours, strawberry cheesecake and cookies and cream but my favorite is the cookies and cream, giving me that chocolately taste without the thought of guilt.
- 50g oat bake bar with 15g of protein, 15g of low cabohydrate, 2.5g of sugar and 5g of fat.
ALDL HIKE PROTETIN BAR!
Banana and Cacao
Like I said above, I only just started snacking on these few weeks ago. They are Aldl’s Hike protein gluten free bar.
- It is a very thick,dark and crunchy bar.
- Easily fills you up.
- Good for on the go snacking and sweet tooth cravings.
- It has a nutty, chocolatey flavour.
- Soft to chew with spongy feeling in the mouth but hard when biting.
- It is vegetarian.
- 55g serving of which protein 20g,carbohydrate 45g, fat 1.5g. This is nutrition for banana as each flavour has its own.